Home    Contact
Img
HISTORY
 
The Pala Marketing Co-operative Society Ltd.No.4214 was incorporated on 23rd March 1958 under the Kerala Co-operative Societies Act with the main objective of improving the economic and social status of the farmers. The name of the Society at the time of registration was “Pala Pepper Marketing Co-operative Society”. Its area of operation was Meenachil and Kottayam Taluks. Mr. Cherian J Kappen, the great freedom fighter and Member of Parliament was the first President of the Society.

Prof. K. M. Chandy, eminent freedom fighter and former Governor of Madhya Pradesh was the President during 1961-1971. In the year 1962 the name of the Society was changed to Pala Marketing Co-operative Society. Mr. C.M Antony (1971- 1980) Prof. N.M Joseph, Adv. Joseph Mandapom (1980- 85) were in the office of the President. Prof. K.K Abraham is the President of the Society since 1985. Started with a membership strength of 260 and authorized share capital of Rs.10000, the Society has now grown into one of the largest and most successful primary marketing co-operatives of South India, with its area of operation spread over the Revenue Districts of Kottayam, Idukki and Ernakulam with an annual turnover of Rs. 50 cores and engaged in the processing and marketing of Natural Rubber and various other hill produces.
PMCS Hea Office
Address
© Copyright 2011 | All Right Reserved

Crafted by Henagon Design
ISO